Lead Brand Strategist
Woden creates strategic narratives for essential brands.
Great companies fail every day because they don’t have a message that connects with their prospects and customers. Woden transforms these purposeful companies into essential brands by uncovering what makes them different, crafting a strategic narrative around it, and leveraging that story to form an efficient sales funnel.
Our mission-obsessed, creatively curious, and collaborative team is looking for our next Lead Brand Strategist. You’re a client-facing team lead who can confidently present to and persuade clients, manage projects and teams to achieve client objectives on deadline, and utilize strong writing and analytical abilities to create compelling strategic brand stories.
- Ability to manage client relationships and projects on deadline
- Exemplary writing skills that capture brand style
- Aptitude to manage 3-person, agile teams to deliver creative projects
- Client presentation skills demonstrating a clear vision of how the work aligns with established client goals
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple client projects
- Ability to create concepts, copy, and strategies that align with business goals
- Ability to successfully lead teams to meet critical client outcomes
What You’ll Do
You’re the creative driver of the ship. You’ll manage your project teams and lead them to deliver transformative client outcomes, while also fostering an exceptional customer experience with our clients.
- Day-to-day project and client management
- Provide the main point of contact and client experience, and develop professional relationships with each client
- Presentation of StoryKernels and StoryGuides and facilitation of StorySeminars (sometimes on-site; occasional travel required)
- Proactively coach team members to reach personal and professional development goals
- Organize and facilitate brainstorms for client deliverables
- Delegate project assignments and manage execution with team
- Take on lead writing duties on projects
- Ensure quality control for client deliverables
- Proactively identify points of friction with clients in engagements and address
- 3-5 years experience in marketing, advertising, creative agencies, account management, or related field
- You’ve had client-facing roles
- Strong writing, editing, researching, and communication skills
- You’re cool with the Oxford comma
- You want to be a part of building something great, and both see and act on the potential that’s out there
- You’re team-driven but peers view you as a leader
- You can juggle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Past experience with people and team leadership is a plus
Who’s a Fit at Woden?
Woden’s mission is to transform purposeful companies into essential brands. The right candidate is excited to get up each day and advance that, while exhibiting our core values:
- Craves Success
- Radically Candid
- Creatively Curious
Our team needs someone who gets fired up over a great brainstorm and shares hot takes on everything from Harvard Business Review and The New Yorker articles to celebrity cancel culture and the quality of Philly drinking water. We can be irreverent and social, but we work hard and truly care about delivering transformative results. We’re looking for a collaborative and communicative team player who’s ready to jump into Slack on Day One with your favorite jams to add to our shared Spotify playlist.
We value in-person collaboration and have on-site requirements throughout the week. Candidates must be local to the Philadelphia area and willing to work from our Center City office. Oh, please also be cool with dogs.
Want the job? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and let us know why you’d be a good fit.